Student Medicover Insurance Plan Introduction（2021-2022）
1.What is international student health insurance？
Reliable health insurance is essential for international students. The university automatically enrolls all students in a school insurance policy, and the premium is billed to the student account.
But school insurance is not the only option for international students. Every year, tens of thousands of international students in the USA choose health insurance for international students such as Student Medicover, more cost-effective insurance that offers 24/7 professional customer service.
We offer high-quality health insurance plans for international students on F1 visas, J1 scholar students, and F1-OPT holders as well as F2/J2 dependents. As long as you are in the U.S. on a valid visa, Student Medicover has a plan for you.
2. Why does health insurance for international students cost less than school insurance?
University SHIP（ Student Health Insurance Plan） is usually more expensive because the plans serve a broader range of the population, including international and domestic students.
The health insurance for international students also known as alternative health insurance plans designed specifically for international students such as Student Medicover will be more affordable.
Remember: There are many health insurance policies for international students. Do not choose the cheapest student insurance policy. If it doesn’t cover you sufficiently, it will ultimately cost you more in the case of an emergency.
3. Who is Student Medicover？
Student Medicover strives to make high-quality, affordable healthcare accessible to every international student. By partnering with UnitedHealthcare, we provide cost-effective and comparable insurance plans, quality services, and a healthy lifestyle to students who study abroad.
Founded in 2013, Student Medicover maintained an annual sales growth of more than 200% and now serves more than 30,000 international students from 43 countries and 889 universities. We partnered with more than 120 student organizations across the country in order to build supportive, vibrant, and healthy communities. Today, Student Medicover has been the top health insurance agency with the largest market share in the market of international students studying abroad.
4. What are the Student Medicover insurance plans?
5. Student Medicover health Insurance benefits
- New Choice plan, more cost-effective, includes in-network preventive treatment
- The only insurance plan that includes Vision in international student insurance (Elite & Prime)
- Users over 19 years old: $100 vision exam and $100 prescription
- Users under 19 years old: 100% coverage for vision exams and prescriptions
- Emergency services: ambulance and emergency room
- Preventive vaccines
- Enrollment Vaccine
- HPV (under 46 years old)
- The flu vaccine, etc.
- COVID-19 Coverage
- Mental Health Coverage
- Free online consultation & counseling services
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY THESE ARTICLES: